Nearly in every poker tournament, players sit at the table and constantly make major mistakes because of misinformation or lack of ground knowledge about playing the game. Simply knowing poker rules is far not enough to get good results during the tournament. Even the slightest strategical adjustment can play to your favor in the long run. That’s why it’s important to collect as many strategy tips as possible.
Strategy Tips for Live Turbo Poker Tournaments
Are you going to participate in a turbo poker tournament? Well, before heading to the “battle” it’s worth summing up what’s a turbo poker tournament and what strategy tips you should use to increase your chances of a win.
Turbo MTTs vs Ordinary MTTs
A turbo tournament can appear somewhat aggressive for casual players. But that aggression can be used to your benefit if you find a sweet spot and build a stack to stay ahead of the blinds. Here are the key differences between turbo and non-turbo multi-table poker tournaments:
- In turbo tournaments, every level takes 5 minutes while standard ones have 10-20 minute levels.
- If antes in play 1- 1, 5 hours in standard tournaments, in turbo MTTs antes are in play half an hour.
- Usually, it takes an hour in standard poker tournaments to reach a level where a player can have 10-15 blinds, yet in turbo tournaments, this takes only half an hour.
The thing you can assume from these differences is that turbo tournaments are much faster. So, be prepared to play and see things going on much quicker than you’re used to.
When you fully picture what a turbo poker tournament is, it’s time to move on to some tournament poker strategy tips that will help you play ahead in any live turbo tournament:
- Adhere to a tight playing style and don’t change it during early levels.
- Manage to read your opponents as much as you can during early levels.
- Don’t slow down like in regular tournaments, but focus on every hand right from the start.
- Be ready for what’s called “the middle stage” since you’re edging into it before the antes kick after around half an hour.
- Widen your range.
- Be cautious with the impending level changes.
- Think about isolating short stacks.
- Avoid re-shoving ace-rag or suchlike hands when you have the option of a fold to be dealt with possibly better cards.
These were the primary tips to use in a turbo poker tournament. Another important aspect to remember is that these fast-paced tournaments attract mostly inexperienced and less-skilled players. Hence, play smart, employ a playing strategy, and you have all the chances to win the tournament.
Strategy Tips for No-Limit Poker Tournament
Good no limit poker tournament strategy tips can covert amateur players into educated ones thus providing a better shot at winning a big score. Here are the basic points you should remember next time you are sitting around a poker tournament table:
- Play tight at least in the early stages;
- Once the Blinds increase aggression, increase yours, too;
- Keep a big bankroll since big wins aren’t so often;
- Drawing hands aren’t so valuable;
- A stronger hand is needed to call rather than to go all-in;
- To practice your poker skills, play sit n go tournaments;
- Think about your position since it represents a great knowledge advantage.
Make use of these poker strategy tournament tips next time you are taking part in a no-limit tournament whether online or offline. And always play to win!