Every year in Canada, there is a grandiose holiday called Montreal Poker tournament, and many players rush to the best casino of the metropolis to qualify and participate in the festival of this card game, the best moments of which have been remembered by people since 2016 or 2018. Thus, it becomes clear that Canadians are real fans of Poker and prefer big events to simple games with friends or battles on social networks. Every interested person closely follows the latest schedules to stay informed and not miss their chance. Many qualify on well-known gambling sites, using lucrative gifts from operators, and also receive the latest and complete information about upcoming tournaments there.
The participation of everyone who wants to try their hand here is always regulated by special rules and conditions that are established by the organizers of the events. Players are solely responsible for collecting personal winnings, and they also undertake to pay all applicable taxes and fees on this amount. All questions that arise here should be discussed with the administration of the gambling establishment holding the tournament.
Best Montreal Poker tournament for Canadians
For a long time, Canada has been famous for the famous Poker tournament Montreal, held in a prestigious local casino or in decent specialized rooms. In the schedules, you can get acquainted with various colorful events, among which the most profitable ones always stand out. Some of these measures are:
- After the successful Poker festival in 2012, the most popular Montreal Poker tournament has long become the World Poker Tour, which takes place in this city several times a year. This event is usually held at the Playground gambling club and brings together real celebrities such as Daniel Negreanu, Phil Laak and Antonio Esfandiari.
- Also, often in Canada, WSOP Circuit tournaments are now held, which are smaller in scope than in Las Vegas, but they are not going to be inferior in terms of the level of excitement. This year’s schedule includes the River Rock Casino in Vancouver and the Montreal gambling establishment.
- A large number of Canadian residents love to spend their Poker holidays every October or November at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in the Dominican Republic, where the grandiose Punta Cana Poker Classic takes place at this time, which must also be ranked among the best events in this country.
Also, the attention of local players is always attracted by the tournaments that take place weekly on the famous gambling sites PokerStars (the event is called the Sunday Million, where the prize for winning is usually more than $ 150,000), as well as Sunday sports holidays at Party Poker, where the guaranteed prize pool reaches $ 200,000.
Highlights of Poker events from 2016 to 2019
Surely most of today’s Montreal Poker tournament 2020 participants remember some of the highlights of 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. The most impressive ones are:
- In April 2016, the innovative 12-team Global Poker League became Montreal Nationals Season 1 champions;
- Montreal native Maxime Heroux won the 2017 World Poker Tour Montreal and won $ 403,570 CAD;
- 2018 will be remembered for the fight between Patrick Cerda and Ema Zaimovich at WPT Montreal, where he won $ 668,388.
2019 saw the longest-running annual festival of the WPT Main Tour, WPTDeepStacks and WPT500 held at the Playground Club. The total guaranteed prize pool for these events then exceeded $ 5 million.